- The woofers are oversized for a fuller sound quality than typical factory speakers. The Carbon/Polypropylene cones and rubber surrounds are durable, designed to withstand the harsh automotive environment.
- The KFC-XP184C woofer is designed as a factory replacement speaker and includes adapters compatible with many GM, Toyota, and Dodge vehicles (one bracket adapts to a 6x9 opening, the other is a multi-purpose bracket and is scored for trimming to fit several applications)
- The tweeters can be flush mounted using the supplied housings and metal retaining-clips. Once installed the tweeters can pivot in the housing, so their angle can be adjusted to obtain a better soundstage.
- The tweeters can also be top or bottom mounted in a factory tweeter location using the included OEM brackets. The tweeters cannot pivot when installed in the OEM brackets.
- The system features low-pass crossovers wired to the woofer terminals and attached to the speaker baskets. A high-pass crossover is integrated into each included tweeter wire. The input end of the tweeter wire (female quick slides) attaches the the woofer terminal in parallel with its input. The output end of the tweeter wire (one male and one female quick slide) mates to the wire attached to the tweeter.