- New Alpine R-Series R-S65.2 speakers offer larger voice coils, new cone technologies, and better performance over the previous R-S65 models.
- Overall, the R-Series speaker is smaller, making them ideal for tight installations and use matching speaker grills that are shallower as well.
- The R-S65.2 woofers have a larger 35 millimeter (mm) voice coil for increased motor control over the bass output verses the previous R-S65.
- The R-Series speakers have been designed from the ground up utilizing an Alpine exclusive cone technology, CFRP: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer. This high-strength, yet lightweight material is formed so that its fibers align in the same direction as the curve and shape of the cone, thereby reducing resonant peaks.
- In addition, CFRP is used as a tweeter diaphragm, enabling the system to perform up into the 45kHz range, making the speakers compliant with High-Resolution Audio playback.